With intensifying international pressure to end hostilities, a brief lull in fighting currently prevails in Gaza. But a formal ceasefire between Israel and Hamas has proven elusive and the death toll continues to mount following sporadic attacks.
Carnegie experts assess how the crisis will impact Palestinians, Israelis, and the rest of the Middle East.
- What are the immediate implications for both Israelis and Palestinians?
- How can Gaza be rebuilt after this latest round of fighting?
- How will the conflict with Israel impact the Palestinian leadership and relations between Hamas and Fatah?
- What are the implications of the turmoil in Gaza for Egypt?
- Publish PostHow will the conflict in Gaza influence regional dynamics?
Friday, 8 August 2014
What the Gaza War Means for the Middle East - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Posted by Peter Singhatey